Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Humility Begets Wisdom

Wisdom.

As I've been reading in Proverbs, it is more and more apparent to me that there is true value in seeking wisdom. Not that I don't value wisdom, I have a very high standard for truth and wisdom, but I've been realizing that there are areas where I am lacking and there is no excuse.  

Proverbs 1:32-33 "For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

The police don't buy it when you say you didn't see the speed limit posted anywhere...why should we expect it that, when we come face-to-face with the Creator, He would say, "it's ok, you didn't know" and there not be any consequences? He's attempting to grab hold of our hearts in this life, so that we can be prepared for eternity with Him. 

1 Peter 3:15 Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. 

Maybe I'm not as prepared as I think I am. Maybe I lack the confidence to share the wisdom that I have. Either way, I'm hungry for more of it. We can’t do, create, or mimic wisdom, but we can create a conducive environment for wisdom to mature.

So that begs the question, why should I fast? (thanks for letting me steal this Heidi)
-Because Jesus fasted
-God calls us
-Training to be Christ-like involves fasting 
-To unleash AWESOME blessings from God, to break wickedness, lift heavy burdens, for loved ones to be saved, to break strong holds (Isaiah 58:6 Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?)

It's not about me and what I can accomplish; it's about God and what HE can accomplish through me. 

Psalm 107:9 God satisfies the thirsty and the hungry he fills with good things. 

So this is it. With one year of experiences behind me, there are no closed doors, only new beginnings.




No comments:

Post a Comment